Skip to main content

THAT MILITARY LIFE THOUGH


As a married couple, I can honestly say that our 1st year inside the USMC has been truly special. I have absolutely felt that "feeling" becoming a part of something; A community inside a community. It is no secret the "perks" families receive when it comes to being wrapped in securities like a comforting home, over-the-top amazing health insurance, and all the little things that go such a long way - such as that forever open-door policy with those high ranking extraordinary humans that go out of his or her way to connect personally with every concerned wife. I am honored to stand next to my husband during his incredible journey. Saying, "I'm proud of you" each day doesn't even begin to do it justice.
It is also no secret that nothing is "given" to us, where as these men and women work their souls to ground on almost every day, not including numerous trainings away from home and of course, the inevitable deployments. Last night we experienced one of our considered "normal" moments we know all too well, which is the random routine change. When my husband returned home from work to inform me that his orders have just been changed, we were saddened, but not surprised. The down-time we were expecting to receive together just got replaced with another training. My husband now leaves for almost 3 months of back to back training, home for a quick Christmas visit, and then off again into the world for a long stretch of 6-9 months. Now is the time to indulge in each other, and lean heavily on the friends and family I am surrounded by. I am taking today to allow the gratitude to wash over me for the newest girlfriends that have entered my world, the 2 jobs that keep me busy, and the Spirit Circles I have recently been invited into.
I cannot say that a part of my heart is not broken, but my love and support will always supersede. Still, no regrets. Our marital motto is "NO MATTER WHAT." And we mean it. #semperfi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...