Skip to main content

THE HUMAN EXPERIENCE

Last night, after an intense conversation with the love of my life, I got to pondering about the concept of "feeling." We feel stuff all the time. But how many of us actually truly FEEL it? We live in a modern day society were prescriptions are handed out by Western medicine faster than a sneeze and illegal street drugs are now sold via internet! Take this for depression, this for anxiety, this for your aliment, take this for that and that for this, swallow, snort, inject.....Oh my. Am I judging? No. I am applying discernment. Simply observing not just those around me, but taking an even closer look at myself. Am I too quick to find a way out of the dark? It is common for me to run from anything negative that runs through my body. I read Self Help books, blog, exercise, meditate, and apply Eastern medicines such as Reiki in my routines. There are moments I pat myself on the back for the ability and strength to find such healthy coping mechanisms, but then again, maybe...just maybe..there are some moments in life where it is OKAY to well, just be sad. To sit with self, be still, and feel that level of sadness. I realized this week that I never seem to allow myself to be in that space because I once saw it as a weakness to be anything less than grateful and happy. The weakness is actually the running. Coping is wonderful. Running is a pattern of behavior. As I sit and type this, my mother is about 1,000 miles away receiving her 10th and last Radiation treatment to her brain. My husband is somewhere on base attempting to absorb as much information as possible during the next 3 months of training, as he Deploys in January. My Facebook feed is filled with horrors of Hurricane Damage, lost loved ones, and every day concerns. As I dive deeper into my Spirituality, I have come to terms with that fact that there just may be some small amount of beauty within that sadness. Allowing myself to be present in reality and to FEEL. After all, that is why we are here living this human experience on Earth. To grow inside the discomfort, to learn from ourselves, and to teach others how to heal. I no longer fear getting lost in the darkness because I have realized.....I am made of light. We are all made of light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...