Skip to main content

CRICKET CRICKET


I love social media when it is used with positive intent. I only have a Facebook account, but it really does wonders for me, especially when it comes to living far away from family. The photos, the story sharing, and the constant connecting that makes it all feel as if i am not that far away anymore.
I even cherish all the little moments that can be captured along the journey of life. For example, I have had countless adventures out in the world where you just truly connect with someone. I've danced with a girl on a train into NYC, had a photo op with a teen on a ferry ride, slid down Sliding Rock with a fellow nature lover, and even took a hike with a father & daughter up in the mountains of Asheville. For me, I never have to flashback to a memory that mattered and think, "what ever happened to that person?" Because they are right here, continuing to cross paths with me thru our Facebook pages. What a lovely concept. Like, a permanent childhood pen-pal.
This week, I recently reached out to someone who, without realizing it, played an important role in my current existence. We don't chat directly, so it was a bold and courageous move on my behalf to send such an open-hearted letter to her messenger. I took a social "risk" by allowing myself to be authentic and vulnerable. I adored her chosen life path and find inspiration inside of it. My intent was to compliment. I often see the world from only the view of my eyes, possibly a flaw? I think, how touching it would be to receive a complement from a stranger. Imagine, if how I lived my life, inspired another. That would truly be something.
I was shocked and taken back to realize my "extending of the Olive branch" was read and dismissed without a reply. Life has us all so busy and everyone's speed of hustle differs, but even the slightest acknowledgment or "thank you" could have went a long way. Twice I reached out, and twice...cricket cricket. Read and rejected.
Okay, so let's explore. The "rejection" is actually my ego. Because, of course, I am socially mortified and embarrassed to have shared a piece of my soul only to be ignored. Ouch. ((((insert blushed red face here))) But, would I jump inside Doc's Delorean time machine and not reach out to another human? Never. Because that is me. 100% authentic me. Always welcoming a bond with another being. Sometimes it is received well. Sometimes it is not. This is a perfect opportunity to remind myself of what I spend a lot of time preaching to others...."don't own other people's junk." If your intent is pure, jut be you. Some people will love you, some will not. And at the end of the day, nether really matter.
The most important relationship we have, is the one with ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...