Skip to main content

LES BROWN


Earlier this morning I stood at my wall and stared at a piece of paper I printed off the computer back in the spring. It was an email I had received from my mother who wrote one sentence, "Never give up on your dreams." Today, I am not entirely sure what my dreams are anymore. I was always running 90mph towards something. Some vision. Lately, I feel blank. For the first time in my life, I don't know what I want. I know what I enjoy. I enjoy writing and dancing. I enjoy nature walks with my puppy and spiritual chats with close friends. But as for a grand goal, I am currently stuck. This past year started out with a bang as I ran full force towards a laundry list of certifications that included Reiki and Life Coaching. I was leading Women's Circles and taking over the town. This morning I realized that somewhere along the way, I stopped.
Without his knowledge of my morning thoughts, a good friend of mine randomly sent me a YouTube video with Les Brown as the speaker. I listen intently for 20 minutes on the concept of dreams. He took the stage and walked me through a visualization. I saw my writing. I saw my Mother's Art Journal pages. What do I dream? I dream to fuse them together. To create a book in dedication to her. This is bigger than a book built for entertainment. This is about the journey of a mother seeing her daughter through fresh eyes. And a daughter realizing that this whole time, she was a muse. This is about connection and unconditional love. There is a story to be shared.
I remembered before Mom even knew she was sick, she told me about self publishing and how we should "team up." I jumped from my bed, turned off Les Brown, and grabbed my phone to text Ryan Carr a general "thank you" for sending a great video my way. And then I froze. My phone said 11:11. For those that are unsure of the significance, scroll down and read the THROGS NECK BRIDGE blog from this week. Your jaw may just drop as fast as mine did.
And so I am listening. I have just set my intent, visualized my plan, and announced it here for accountability. I ask my SOL7 readers to assist me with ideas and motivation. And a promise to not let me quit or get distracted, as I tend too. This is one project that I must complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...