Skip to main content

AM I SPIRITUAL?


spir·it·u·al·i·ty; noun: the quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
...well, that's the official definition of "Spirituality." I dig it. But what does being spiritual mean to YOU? Throwing that word around the South has often found me standing solo in front of some angry-God-fearing faces that may have had me quickly question whether or not people still burn others at the stake. (joking, not joking.) For me personally, being Spiritual simply just means anything that brings out your best self. Meditation is the most common word associated with spirituality and it is easy to see why. Daily meditation teaches you to control your thoughts, slow down your mind, and allow for your best self to shine. How amazing  And your place/act of Spirituality can differ from one human to the next! Music, dance, hiking, surfing....anything that allows you to feel that positive vibration of love and connection to your Higher Source, THAT is some Spiritual wonderment.
So close your eyes and pause. Think about the moment or moments in your life where you FELT it. I mean, you really felt it. You felt self-love, you felt God's love, you felt peaceful, happy, and grateful. That "Wow, what a great day" feeling. Where were you? What were you doing? Was anyone with you? Take yourself back to that space and absorb. Allow the emotions to wash over you once more. Now....go do it again. 
And congratulations, because yes, you are a Spiritual being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...