Skip to main content

INTERVIEW YOUR LIFE


There was once a time where I said, "YES!" to just about everything. Whatever was new and crossing my path, I believe it had great direct purpose and would pounce. It could have been a new friend, job, relationship, etc. I was on a "YES" auto-pilot for years. Sometimes, a thirst like that would invite in experiences, adventures, and events that would often lead to the next chapter. I regret nothing. However, putting aside my disbelief in the concept of regret, I still look back and see how running at the speed of MACH-Jesus actually held me back. I often tripped, stumbled, made a poor choice, or at times even got myself in tricky situations. Like a wild feline, I always landed on my feet and often think I might just actually have 9 lives.
Today, the race is different; There isn't one. I am not sprinting to get ahead of myself, another, or to prove anything to the world. My favorite button that has developed inside my soul is the PAUSE button. (I have wrote a couple blogs about it recently.) People and opportunities cross my path and instead of shouting "YES," I pause. I take in the information not just mentally, but subconsciously. I allow myself to tune-in to the energy presented in front of me and take an emotional inventory of what is coursing through my body at that time. Yesterday I came across an opportunity to bring ZEN PARTY into another facility. I declined. The energy was not in alignment with my way of being. Without harsh judgement, I simply just knew it would not be a good fit. This is not the first time I have waved off something brought into my life, nor would it be the last.
Perhaps it all goes back to the simplicity of "quality, not quantity." This is YOUR life. When you attend an interview, light up your Solar Plexus and remember that you are interviewing them right back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...