Skip to main content

RELEASING ATTACHMENT

RELEASING ATTACHMENT

As I continue to take on more clients and allow for the growth of increasing business, a new website, and of course, the fresh interactive Facebook page, I am gently reminded of what comes with it all; Limelight. A shiny spotlight and magnifying glass was something I was once comfortable under 7 years ago, but these days I tend to shy away from "too much attention." However, with that being said, I must come to terms and accept that with the launch of Zen Tribe Guide will come a flood of clients and opinions.

My only responsibility to world is that I always remain in alignment. What does that mean? For me it means being in harmony with the Universe, living my truth, and staying focused on the job in front of me. I have truly begun to master the ability to allow for an opinion to be shared with me, and then after, I release it back into the atmosphere. I actually enjoy the various different perspectives other's have on things and find it intriguing to metaphorically try on their "glasses" to see what they see and how they see it. Empathy and insight come easy for me, but learning how to disconnect typically does not. While I still value the opinion of other's, I am able to remember that at the end of the day, it belongs to them only. An opinion is based off SELF. A personal filter on how you see something, usually reflecting off emotional baggage and/or past experiences you have accumulated along the way.

The magic really takes place when you are able to release attachment to not just the negative opinions of others, but the positive too. Insults and complaints may have a different vibration than praise and admiration, but the one thing that that all have in common when being presented to you, is that it is being present TO you, not from within you. Separate yourself from YOU and NOT YOU. That is advice I not only dish out, but also personally practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...