Skip to main content

THE TIME HAS COME! SAID THE WALRUS TO THE CARPENTER


In two months I will have been at the Spa for exactly 1 full year. I took the part-time job behind the desk for the sole purpose of standing in FRONT of the desk. While getting accumulated with more Wellness knowledge, how this industry is run, and gathering up all my certifications, I would soon be ready to move away from answer phones and taking on clients full time. Sadly, life got in the way. Wait...no....scratch that. I got in my own way. My Mother was dying and my motivation and passion went out the window. I just, kinda...stopped. I sat back and got more comfortable behind the desk and even went back to waitressing for a couple shifts. I was not unhappy with my choices at all actually, but more or less, simply content. I needed to PAUSE, so I did.
Pause over.
When the New Year came and the restaurant did not re-open as planned, I knew it was a giant, super loud Universally lit sign. In my face as usual. (Okay, I hear you!) Two days ago I had a powerful conversation with my boss and owner of what is about to be a full leading Holistic Wellness Center in the heart of Jacksonville. She shared her plans with me and invited me to share my own. We are completely in-sync. And it's time. Ideas were not just created that day but put into motion. After all.... I can't let my Mom down. She's watching from above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...