Skip to main content

IMMORTAL


Last night I had a dream that while enjoying a helicopter ride with friends & family, I became inspired to leap to my death in some form of protest. I cannot remember exactly what that was, but as I fell, almost floating to the ground in some sort of Alice In Wonderland like fashion, I waved goodbye to my horrified family members watching above and I just KNEW in my heart that this was for the greater good.
I landed on the side of a beautiful mountain top and immediately began running about, in search of my Mother, calling out her name. Surly, she must be there to greet me to the other side. But she wasn't, because in fact, I had not died. Confused, I tried again. I threw myself off the side of the mountain in great hopes that this time I might be more successful, and yet again, my feet land perfectly. Was I immortal????
I raced home to turn on my phone and contact my husband who was relieved to hear I was still alive. He told me to log onto social media immediately. I did. My Facebook feed was flooded with condolences, tags, photos of me, kind words, and feelings of deep sorrow. Hundreds of people were affected by my "death." I saw everything. Every post. Every word written about me. I was slightly shocked by the outpouring of love.
Julitto asked me what I was going to do... and I wasn't sure. I no longer wanted to proceed with my mission, yet I certainly could not return home. It was as if, somehow, while dying, I was BORN again. The reality in which held my existence no longer held me, yet, the place I was going, no longer called to me. I was stuck between dead and alive. Or maybe...I was given a chance to start all over again, allowing the "old me" to be erased, existing only in memory. I could now be anything or anybody. I truly was immortal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...