Skip to main content

IT'S ABOUT TIME


After my Mother's wake in November, I hit the ground running. I drove straight home to NC and began writing the book, ASK THE MUSE. It was published 3 weeks after I wrote my 1st sentence. From there, I drove back to New York were I spent Christmas with family and raced home to ring in the new year with Julitto. The month of January was spent obsessing over the new puppies and clinging to my husband, bracing us all for our 1st deployment. By February, my website was a buzz and clients were pouring in. Julit shipped out last Saturday, and just hours after our kiss goodbye, one of my best friends ditched her Florida weather to greet me with a smile, moving in for the week, and refusing to let me fall. The morning she returned to the sunshine state, I packed up my car and two fur-babies and we were off to "estate-sit." 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, two 3-month old puppies, a 13 year old lab mix, 3 cats, 20 chickens, and a couple of pre-teen girls. Yea, okay..I go this!
All of sudden, everything got quiet. The children were off to school, the pets entertaining themselves on the acres of property, and there I sat on a blanket under the sun, tanning, and reflecting. That's when it hit me...."omg, my Mom died."
Just like that. As if a brick had fallen from the sky. I have heard of things like this, people saying "it hasn't hit you yet." I thought that was the most ridiculous saying. One doesn't avoid emotions, I was the queen of emotions! Riding high on my spirituality and tapping in to the Universe, truly feeling her. My intuitive gifts were my coping mechanism. Or so I thought. And in that moment, I wanted nothing more than to turn to my other half, and yet....he was without contact and communication privileges. He was gone. Deployed. Destination unknown. For the rest of this year. Whoa...
And so, it "HIT." All of it. Every moment. I called my Dad, surprised by my own tears and he said, "well, it's about time."
I did not make myself wrong that sunny afternoon. In fact, I sat with it. I stayed present and aware of everything I was feeling and simply allowed myself to feel it. The entire day.
By sunrise, I was whole again. Moving forward and regaining my momentum. Okay, so I'm not bulletproof after-all. But, I think for the 1st time, that is alright with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...