Skip to main content

AM I A BLOGGER?

Last December, I took my love of writing and my love of Facebook and melted them together to create the fusion that is SOL7. My SOL7 Facebook page consists of small morning blogs that I type up over the course of sipping my iced coffee. Am I a writer? Probably not. However, the reason that the Facebook page has taken off and these posts are so popular is more about HOW I live my life, then how I actually describe it. In one year I have moved 1,000 miles from everything I know with a very new (and 8 years younger!) boyfriend, I lived in a tent for 4 months, got married, and now work in a super strict military town as a Reiki Practitioner. Yes, I am that gypsy-hippie-Earth-loving-flower-child that lives on fruits and veggies and often makes her family crazy with worry. I have bathed in rivers and slept on sand. I attend drum circles regularly, and just created my first 6-week Life Coaching program after receiving my certification. I am not traditional, but I am probably one of the most authentically happy humans you may ever meet. This does not mean I have failed to experience hardships. The Universe still provides me with plenty of heart-shattering soul lessons to endure. I blog about those too.

I was originally going to backtrack and post here every blog that I wrote. Of course, like a true Gemini, I changed my mind. Today is a new day. And life is now.

For those interested...www.facebook.com/sol7blog

Sooo, the point of branching out on Blogspot? Because sometimes things just suck. Sometimes your mother gets diagnosed with rare and aggressive Stage 4 Brain Cancer and your husband is deploying overseas. (yeah...) But that does not mean we crumble to the ground, laying in the fetal position on the bathroom floor. No. That is not an option. Happiness is from within. Create. Love. Be present. And maybe, just maybe....you create one hell of an adventure along the way. This is my journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...