Skip to main content

RICE BOMB

In just a few short weeks, I will be reaching the 8 month mark on being free of soy, dairy, and grain. (I also do not eat meat or take in alcohol, but those reasons are very different blogs LOL) Yes, I am a walking fruit & vegetable medley. I have never felt more focused, fit, energized, and relaxed. My body is a clean vessel for passing energy, both receiving and manifesting.
Last night, I felt terrible. My body was all achy and I actually had a headache. Super weird and out of character. I was unsure why, but blew it off best I could, and went to sleep before the sun was fully down. I rose from bed this morning, busted out my morning fitness routine, and took a shower after lunch. Before stepping into the tub I couldn't help but catch a slight glimpse of my nakey-self. I paused...how incredibly swollen i appeared! Bloated all around. And then it hit me! Light a light bulb drawn above my head as if I were a cartoon. I quickly ran downstairs and reached for the ONLY new thing in my weekly nutritional intake; A new spice. I bought a garlic & parsley mix of seasoning this past weekend and have been sprinkling it on EVERYTHING all week long. I would have never even thought to check the ingredients on a SPICE. But there it was, in ink:
CONTAINS RICE.
Okay, lesson learned. To be honest, I feel more impressed than annoyed. Kudos to my body for no longer being able to recognize certain substances. They really didn't belong there in the first place. (((slow clap)))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...