Skip to main content

LONE-WOLF


I was once an expert on running-a-muck. Yeah, that's a word. And it was 100% true. Sometimes my endless 90mph energy was put to good use towards things like exercise or extra-circular activities, but most of the time, it went towards being a self-proclaimed wild child. Social status, the dating world, and countless girlfriends were almost always at the top of my priority list. I will never forget the 1st time a Life Coach called me out on the fact that what I was really doing was simply avoiding "self." Refusing to sit with just me and be. Of course, by that time, I was barreling through my late 20's with a white knuckle grip onto what I thought was my identity. In fact, looking back, I believe a part of me feared that "settling down" would leave me restless and bored.
Today, I am proud to announce just how wrong I was. I will always be an adventure seeker, but the adventures I chose now are completely different than 5 years ago. My life has taken on this Zen-like vibe, where "action" is usually associated with a nature based activity, and my free time without Julitto, is spent mostly flying solo. I used to avoid the alone time, and yet now, i find it rewarding and refreshing. What I used to view as "boring" is now a feeling of clam and peace. I had no idea how truly exhausted I was running from myself, and telling the inner me that i was just enjoying being popular.
What I enjoy today is a little dose of that Lone-Wolf. When my husband is away at training, I surprisingly soak up those moments of solace during a music infused power walk, long bubble bath, or the quiet time where I am blogging and all I can hear is the sound of the keys being typed and light hum of this laptop. I had no idea that I was even capable of being my own best friend. 
....kinda proud of me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...