Skip to main content

MILITARY CHECK POINTS


This morning I learned that majority of the husbands away for training have in fact, been able to stay in contact with their wives via internet such as email and/or Facebook. I do not know the details or the extent of such a luxury, but I can tell you, I have not been one of them. It would be very easy for both ego and anxiety to take the wheel and drive this mental bus right off the cliff of fear. But as I have blogged about before and learned throughout my Life Caching Certifications, fear is a damn liar. As a military wife, I see it all too often that we are each quick to compare lives, stories, and husband's. That would be a grave mistake. I am much older than most inside this community, so I work my ass off trying to lead by example and rock that "big sister" vibe. Today would be one of those times.
Before getting lost inside the "he doesn't really love me" merri-go-round thoughts of pure suck, it is important to PAUSE. The pause button is everything. Pause is what drives my bus. It has to be in this life! With so much separation you need to not only stand firm in your confidence within yourself, but within the perimeters of your marriage. For a brief moment this morning, my heart fell heavy and I started to allow my mind to convince me of things simply not true. So I hit "pause." I tapped into what I KNOW, not the story we tell ourselves. I tuned into the reality of the situation and truly remembered WHO my husband is, how he shows love, how he receives love, and all his personality traits. Like, the fact that his cell phone sits with over 12,000 unread emails that date back to 2014. One of my favorite quotes that I spit out occasionally is "remember who you are." So I said to myself, "remember who WE are." Now is the time to create healthy habits. Deployments are long, but marriages are longer.
To all my MILSO sisters: Do not get lost in the shuffle of the community gossip and stay true to the fact that you know his soul. I promise, no matter what, he is missing you.
....and I too, shall re-read this a couple more times today.


WANT MORE? www.facebook.com/sol7blog 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...