Skip to main content

THROGS NECK BRIDGE


It was about 1am this past Friday, 11/10, that I hit the ground running. With a suitcase loaded-up car, I threw it in drive and hit I-95 solo. I drove through the night with nothing but my thoughts. Even though my heart was heavy, it was oddly comforting...
I checked in with my Dad each pit-stop and even sent him my direct location. (Thank you Apple technology.) With every passing hour, I couldn't help but wonder, "would I make it?" The truth is...I didn't want to. I did not want my mother holding on for me. I did not want her to suffer a second longer than she had too. And I do not believe my soul could handle seeing her in that condition. Over the last few months, we spoke about "that moment." Numerous times. My mother had a different kind of relationship with each person in her life. Ours was special. She was the only one who truly just, got me. Understood me. She knew me. She knew who I was and who I wasn't. And loved me unconditionally. She understood my place was not watching her take her last breath.
After touching base with Dad mid-morning, I had last mentioned to him that I was just about to enter New York. What I didn't know, is he passed along that message to Mom.  And I am glad he did. She knew I was "home." And that was good enough for her.
My clock turned 11:11 and it caught my eye in a way that made my tummy drop. I don't know why, but I had to pick up the phone and ring my father. He answered his cell phone in tears, kneeling at her bedside, because Mom just left us...I was on the Throgs Neck Bridge.
I immediately called my husband Julitto and just as I was beginning to tell him, a car went whizzing by me in the left hand lane; The license plate read 11:11. And just like that, I knew everything was going to be okay.
She's everywhere. Her name. Her face. Dreams. Scents. Symbols. Signs. Numbers. It hasn't slowed down since that bridge and I have a funny feeling it won't. Nor would I want it too. I can feel her everywhere. Every second. And I am grateful.
I miss her in the only form that I have known her. But I working hard to embrace her new forms of communication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...