Skip to main content

THE DONATION


I used to have this twisted belief that any talents placed upon me by Higher Source, was for Divine use only. Example? As a talented dancer, I believed that if I accepted money or any large sum of money in exchange for classes taught or choreography dispensed, my skill set would somehow dissipate. Like I would lose this talent if it was not given freely, as the blessing it was. This was a struggle for years and only increased as I became even MORE in touch with my Spirituality. When I realized I had a gift with Oracle Cards, I refused payment for them, believing strongly that I would be somehow disrespecting my intuitive craft.
Less than a year ago, I had a conversation with my Mentor (and practicing Buddhist) about the fluid nature of money and how it is simply energy flowing from one hand to another. I learned about the true value of my time and commitment to others. The more I allow to be paid for services helping others, the more I can actually help others. Ridding my life of the 9-5 gives me access to a much larger schedule, inviting in more clients that are in need of something I can assist them with. It became a win-win.
So, 2 months ago, I finally created the business I had been daydreaming about for years >>> Zen Tribe Guide. Appointments have been flooding in rapidly. I am beyond grateful...
Unbeknownst to me, my fellow friend and follower from New York has been keeping a close eye on my journey. She reads my blogs, LIKES my status's, and has recently seen the eruption of ZTG. She reached out to me with a great list of compliments and asked if she could make a contribution. Since we live a distance apart, my heart was sad that she could not attend many things, and almost declined her donation. She was certain in her decision and her focus was not of my services offered, but my intent. She believes what I am doing is from the heart and of pure spirit. (She would be accurate.) And so, after I graciously accepted her offer, she placed her donation into the ZTG fund and my eyes watered. It was generous, thought-out, and an extraordinary act of kindness that I believe to be rare. I promised to leave her name out of my blog, but she knows who she is.
And again, I thank you. I shall pay it forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...