Skip to main content

CLOSE TO HOME


About 2 or 3 months ago I was out and about performing the typical "adulting" tasks of running errands, when I decided to make it a point to specifically stop at our local Staples. With an idea in my head, I walked with purpose right over to the self-printing machine and set out to print out several photos of Archangels and a very recent photo of me mother - looking stunningly beautiful with her new bald head. The picture of a warrior princess. For some odd reason (or so I thought) the machine and I were most definitely not on the same energy frequency and with few failed attempts, I eventually turned to the women behind the counter for assistance. She happily helped me and printed out all that I requested. As I searched for my debit card, she slide the enlarged photos across the counter and said, "No charge." I was stunned at first until I looked up and saw her eyes. It was this unspoken moment between two strangers. I smiled, made eye contact, and barely got out a meek little, "thank you." But that moment mattered to me....
This past week, while in full blown entrepreneur mode, I stopped into Staples yet again for my usual Zen Party flyers and marketing materials. I was beyond thrilled to see that women behind the counter. I couldn't have ran up to her fast enough. I told her that I was grateful for her presence that day so I could take the opportunity to thank her sincerely for that kind gesture months ago. I knew she knew. I told her all about my Mom's hard fight and what a blessing it is to receive even the smallest kindnesses. Her eyes got slightly watery as she spoke, "I understand completely. My son is 21 years old. He has been fighting Hodgkin's Lymphoma for the past 3 years. It's a nightmare."
We connected further and I continue to send her blessings still, as I am sure she is sending some my way as well. No family is immune from tragedy. But we can...if you choose it...be immune from the darkness that comes with it. Reach out to others, extend empathy and understanding, and above all, light up someone's day..even if just for a brief moment in time. After all, we are all connected.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...