Skip to main content

WHY WE ARE HERE


This morning, I took my usual spot front and center, facing the mirror, as my Dance Fitness friends flooded the cardio room. The beat dropped at 9:30am and we were off and moving! Those that know me best, know my vision is pretty awful. Down right scary if your riding shotgun in my car (lol) But of course, I do not sport my sassy glasses during class. The way we fling our bodies around, they would fling right off my face! So even though I can see my Hip Hop entourage behind me, they are all slightly blurry.
From the back of the room was this one woman who stood out to me immediately. Maybe it was the fact that she had on the brightest pink tank top that I quickly fell in love with. Or maybe it was because it was very easy for me to tell that she was a fellow dancer. This petite, beautiful, fairy-like gorgeous lady was in step with me every second of the way! Her first class with me, and yet, she was killing it. She never missed a beat.
About half way through the class, I noticed something I did not notice even once before. My fellow back row dancing guru had in her hands, tiny, sleek little metal (with pink!) poles that she leaned on occasionally as she danced around the room. This dancing queen had magic feet. Four even! What a rock star.
What I also did not know, was that this was her first time back into a dance class. Lynda approached me at the end of class, with tears in her eyes and confessed that she had been a little nervous to jump in, but my goodness, how great it felt! She told me all about her heavy dance background and her random life-altering tragic accident, involving her legs, that almost stole her ability to continue to dance. ALMOST. But not today. Lynda stole the show and my heart.
I hope she realizes what an inspiration she is to so many dancers and other athletes that have come up against a battle that may force them to fight for their passion. So many people allow the darkness to consume them and lose hope. It is no surprise that Lynda has even wrote a book! God bless her. What an honor and a gift from God that she ended up today in MY class. How lucky am I to have met her?! That tearful moment. That feeling of inspiration. That soul to soul connection. THIS is why we are here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...