Skip to main content

A CAPTURED MOMENT


The photo below is one I contemplated to post or not to post. The truth is, I really wanted to blog about this moment in time. My mother always encouraged my writing and I base all my blogs off authentic, raw, truth. So my deepest apologies to those who feel this picture is just "too much." Please know that I mean no disrespect. At the time it was taken, we actually had no idea. A girlfriend of mine saw an opportunity to catch something...and she was right.
My mother's favorite moments were those moments she got to catch Nicole and I simply being sisters. With an almost 7 year ago gap it was easy for my big sis to sometimes take on the role as another parental figure. But every so often, we would connect on the same level. Sisters. Today our personality differences list by the mile and our lives are Ying Yang, but the love that is there is very real and no matter what, we got each other's back. My mother would glow when she got to see those moments. It lit her up inside to see such a sibling bond, even if it was only so often.
This photo captures the minute right before my brave older sister took the stand to speak a Eulogy meant only for an Angel. I wasn't sure if she needed that minute alone, kneeling beside our mother, but something popped me up out of my chair and next to her. Together we took a deep breath and I grabbed her arm. I even joked lightly about "how happy mommy is to see us snuggling right now." What I didn't know is that moment was being captured. Possibly too morbid for some, but a blessing for me. See, the room was packed, but in those few seconds it was just us and Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...