Skip to main content

BE THE VOICE


When I was in the 3rd grade I had a best friend who meant the world to me, and who I am still friends with today. She was and still is the sweetest human I have ever met walking around planet Earth. We met in Kindergarten, were inseparable all throughout elementary school, and kept in touch often after I moved before High School. As a small child, her Throat Chakra was not the strongest and she was often labeled "shy." I never failed to rise to the occasion if she needed something and was too hesitant to ask. My way of being didn't change as I grew, only it grew with me; Stronger. I always rooted for the underdog and never had a problem speaking up for children, animals, or any other being that simply did not have the ability to open up their mouths and speak for themselves. People often avoid speaking their truth because they fear that it will cause conflict in some way, however, I believe if you are speaking from a place of love and positive intent, (and staying calm enough to choose only helpful words!) then nothing but brilliant results are to come into fruition.
Yesterday was another example of exercising the right to speak powerfully, yet with kindness. A young neighbor of mine went on vacation for a week, and left her dog behind in a crate. With the exception of a dog-sitter to stop by with food and a few "pee breaks" this pup was on solitude lock-down round the clock. When the news traveled my way, I spoke up on it. With pure intent in my heart and sincere efforts to discard judgement, I was able to make contact and create a much better plan. Myself and another neighbor invited his mommy to have an uncomfortable but productive conversation, where in the end she saw this was not the best decision and opened her heart to additional help and ideas. He is now one happy dog, playing at a neighbors house until his parents return.
It would have been much easier for me to turn me head, look the other way, and "mind my business." But I was blessed with a voice and the courage to attempt to connect with others in a non-aggressive way. There was no conflict yesterday, only solution. The point? NEVER BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR WORDS. We have them for a reason. Be careful which ones you chose, set you intent with positivity, and be mindful, yet...speak. "Be the voice for those that have no voice."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...