Skip to main content

ODD MAN OUT


I am in such a peculiar space in my life right now, socially. As my 34th birthday approaches this Spring, those that surround me now in my age-bracket are super busy with their children and all activities family oriented. I see those moms together at the bus stop sipping coffee or on their power-walks with baby strollers. Mommy & Me Yoga, toddler play dates, and girl scout cookies fill their days up almost completely. Without a child of my own, I often drift towards the younger crowd, yet I still struggle to find my place among the 20-somethings as they pack out their weekends with dating, drinking, and dancing. None of those activities are ones I seek to participate in. Those that stay out of trouble are typically doing so by default because their head is totally swamped inside a text book as they proudly further their college education. Once and a while I reach out to my most familiar girlfriends, that still reside up North, but even as we continue to survive the distance (due to me living so far South) conversations can sometimes be a bit of a push, since many of my closest friends still see me in that old light they once knew me in. I have grown and transitioned so drastically, I am often not sure how to "show up" on the other end of the telephone. Authentic? Or the only way they know me?
Most of my days I spend alone, meditating and taking my two puppies on Earthy adventures. I am more than content with my daily dose of solitude, as the quiet is often broken up by Reiki clients, gym classes, and any additional hours at the Spa. Yet, some moments, however, I miss that female-specific interaction.That "best friend" you are inseparable with. For the last two years, that person filling those shoes is the one I married. Yes, of course it is a blessing that Julitto is my ultimate best friend. (A rare find, really.) BUT there is nothing like a girl friend.... especially when he is away training as much as he is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONAL SNEEZE

Okay, so imagine you're minding your own business, out in the world. Perhaps at line in a local coffee shop, buying up some sunrise caffeine in a cup. Or maybe, you're at work, sitting quietly at your desk. Either way, with your eyes closed, imagine the calm. You're just....chillin. Okay, wait, open your eyes, there's more to read. LOL Where am I going with this? Well, there you are, in your own space, when BAM!!! Someone walks up and sneezes all over you. I  mean alllll over you! A giant sneeze. (((gasp)))) Ewwww. Grossed out? Horrified? Do you feel violated? Now, replace the "sneeze" with "complaining." This is what it feels like to be an empath on the day to day. It's social edict to greet a friend, stranger, co-worker, etc, with a smile, a quick hello, or often a "how ya doing today?" And most of the time, people can't wait tell you. In my experience, it's rarely positive and I can't help but almost always regret...

REIKI vs. READING

As my Reiki practice continues to grow strong, I find myself more than ever, hyper-focused on the client in front of me. My intent is not just to help them feel more at ease, relaxed, and tranquil, but to assist them in unblocking any old energies that may be stuck and hindering their natural, healthy, organic energy flow. I aim to clear away old emotional baggage, balance & activate their main Chakra points, and leave them feeling refreshed and recharged. ( My favorite is the white light bubble of protection....but that's another blog.) (((wink))) This past weekend, after a session with one of my Reiki clients, I could not deny the overwhelming sensation of depletion. I felt exhausted in a way that I have not felt during other sessions. After crashing into a full afternoon nap, I woke with curiosity and reached out to a couple fellow Reiki Practitioners for advice.One conversation really struck my soul and changed my perception, permanently... Since day 1, almost a year ...

MIRROR MIRROR, NOT ON MY WALL

Imagine you are the caretaker of a toddler. A toddler who in a fit of rage, throws themselves down on the floor, acting out in complete tantrum mode. Would you join this tiny human for you're own fist-to-floor pounding and excessive screaming? No. I mean, I am sure there are moments you may feel like mirroring that behavior, but surely, you would not. Our "grown-up" approach should be no different when handling those around us, regardless of age . It is important to pay close attention to self and the energy vortex that surrounds you. Dramatic? Let me break it down.... Have you ever caught yourself being unusually gossipy around those that love to share secrets? Or perhaps, you found yourself feeling a little (as they say in the USMC) "salty," when around someone who tends to hold onto anger or frustrations? This is you getting sucked into someone else's energy vortex. Awareness is key! If you catch yourself acting out someone else's emotions, simpl...